This is ongoing from what I have seen! BE AWARE!
• Walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible if there is no sidewalk.
• Pay attention to the traffic moving around you. This is not the time to be texting or talking on a cell phone.
• Make eye contact with drivers as they approach. Never assume a driver sees you.
• Wear bright clothing during the day and reflective materials (or use a flashlight) at night.
• Look left-right-left before crossing a street.
Funding for this program is provided by a grant from the California
Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety
For additional information please contact:
Sergeant Mike Brown
Patrol Division, Traffic Unit
Santa Barbara Police Department